First Equity Finance has just signed a US$100 million agreement to Finance a Solar Farm Power Project in Makati City - Philippines
Admin | 13/04/2017
First Equity Finance has just signed a US$100 million agreement to finance a Solar Farm Power Project in Makati City - Philippines
Mr. Reginald C.McNaughton, First Equity’s President said: “We are delighted to be helping our client grow through the allocation of this funding. Many corporations are frustrated by the lack of capital available in the market and we are pleased to provide a competitive alternative.
We are able to meet client's requirements through our innovation and experience in many important industries. Key for First Equity when considering a client’s suitability is the demonstration of significant underlying assets and their potential for appreciation, a well conceived business plan and proven business model, an experienced management team and a demonstration of appropriate cash flow from the investment.”
Project finance - Solar Farm Power - Makati City - Philippines
Benefits of a Solar Farm
Solar farms are a simple way of producing safe, renewable and locally produced energy for several years after construction. There are a number of key benefits of solar farming, which are as follows:
- The land used for constructing solar farms provides a better habitat for wildlife and plants. The land around the solar panels is generally grass-land that can be maintained with hedges. Alternatively, animal grazing between the rows of installed panels and in the ground under the panels is also possible
- Solar farms receive a great return on investment, mainly when electricity bill savings, maintenance costs and reassurance of guaranteed income are considered. Solar feed-in-tariffs are applicable in some instances. Recent advancements and cost reductions such as financing incentives in addition to the reduction in costs to build solar panels will further make solar farming easier than before
- Components in solar farms have no moving parts, and the inverters are housed in sound-proofed boxing. Hence, there is hardly any noise generated from solar farms. Solar farms can be constructed very close to load centers as they are minimally disruptive to the local environment. This not only reduces the transmission difficulty, but also improves the efficiency of solar panels by reducing line losses
- Solar farms are the most direct way to reduce carbon emissions that contribute to global warming. Besides producing renewable energy, solar farms feed surplus power to the mains grid thereby distributing clean energy
- These farms are often constructed with cameras and security fences to secure solar panels. Solar farm installation does not increase flood risk. However, developers may use stable materials that aim at preventing soil compaction during the construction of solar farms.
Solar energy is a clean, safe and renewable source of energy. Solar farms are a relatively effective and unobtrusive way of generating electricity. The only drawback with this technology is that solar farms occupy large space and are pricey. However, the benefits of solar farms far outweigh their high installation costs and other limitations.
With innovative ideas from various scientists being developed to combat the limitations, solar farms could likely be the future of global energy sources. Scientists have also predicted that solar energy will contribute to a quarter of the world’s energy in the not too distant future.